Monday, January 7, 2008

Looking Up In 2008

Photo: Alameda, New Years Day
Taking a cue from decor8, and completely agreeing about the fact that writing something in such a public place like a blog makes one more likely to commit to doing it, here are my big goals for 2008!

*Hunker down and create daily, even if this means being out of the loop/society for a while*
I tend to do business first, design second and I feel that this is a big no-no for me and I want to break the cycle.

*Get my website up*
And I'm talking in the next couple of months

*Find a balance with my work schedule and my down time*
So that I'm not killing myself!

*Work smarter in regards to what I am capable of and the quality of work I can create*
If it means creating less but having a beautiful product, so be it.

*Stop the Comparing!*
Ugh, this can get ugly - stick with creating from within even when I see what's out there and start to feel like small fries....I truly believe others will love what I make when I love what I make.

*Stop and breathe every now and then*
Soak in the fact that this is what I've always wanted to do, so do a quick check - am I happy? am I still loving all this? yay! Then keep going!

On that note, I did do a check today and I am still loving it so this is good start to 2008!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to leave you a big BRAVO for your goals here, and the very best of luck with them. I met you in december at 'craft within reach' and absolutely love what you do! so keep on doing! -sherry olsen