Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Sweet Life

When my friend Kelly asked me several weeks ago if I'd like to go cherry picking I couldn't believe it! It's been a goal of mine this year to finally visit some local farms to pick my own gosh darn fruit. So a group of us got together a couple of weekends ago and drove out to Seko Ranch in Brentwood to partake in cherry picking season!

Kelly's friend Kasuen informed me that you can eat while you pick so we started as soon as we got out of the car. It was pure heaven.

There's Kelly way up on a ladder finding the best ones.

I don't think I have EVER eaten so many cherries in my life and I wonder how many made it into the bucket as compared to my insides. We picked 6 pounds and I have to admit that I was completely cherried out by the end. We ended up making a cherry crumble that night (courtesy of a recipe from Kelly's family) that was so unbelievably good and simple to make, I'm so bummed I didn't get a picture.


We were too early in the season for peaches but a farm nearby had some beautiful picks on display. We walked around the peach trees for a while but no luck. This just means that *sigh* I'm going to have to go back!



No comments: