photo - Wildcat Canyon Regional Park
(that's me in the middle, always trying to get Charlie Bravo to catch me in my dorkiness mid-air...doesn't always work)
It was the perfect way to welcome 2009. I'm tired and sore, but I'm feeling really great, renewed and just excited about the year ahead. 2008 was such a big year for me and my little business and I feel so very blessed. So much support came from friends and family (thank you guys :) but also from people I have never met in person, just over the internet - bloggers who featured my work, other small business owners with advice, lovely customers, people who just left inspiring and thoughtful comments. You all ROCK!
Last year, at this time, I wrote down goals for the year ahead. Looking back on them, I think I did pretty good. The website is the main thing that didn't happen, but it'll be up the next few weeks and I can't wait! Here are few for this year:
- Hire an assistant part time
- Find a bigger work space
- Collaborate with other artists on combined designs
- Get my pillows going! (I'm giving myself until the end of the year for this one)
- Collaborate with shops creating some exclusive pieces
- Make some smaller, limited edition designs
Well, goodbye 2008 and hellllloooooo 2009! So nice to meet you.