Friday, January 15, 2010

Welcome 2010

heart_hand1
(New little heart just listed for Valentine's in my Etsy shop....only 6 made!)
Say what???? 2010? Now that just sounds crazy! I always get nostalgic when I have to adapt to a new way of saying the year we're in.....is that just me?

I think I've been in a small state of denial so far this new year. This past holiday season really kicked my booty big time, just wiping me out and making it very hard for me to get my momentum swinging again. I don't like to say I thrive in chaos but it does seem that I can get quite a lot done! (That and some good strong coffee mixed with Netflix instant play) But that's not a good way to live ones daily life, so with this in mind comes my look back at 2009 and my looking forward to 2010.

I can see that I did NOT accomplish some of my resolutions for 2009 which will now be added to my 2010 goals. Regardless of this, I can still say that 2009 was such an amazing year of growth and happiness for me and my little business. I know I've said before how blessed I feel to be able to do what I'm doing, blessed to have the support that I have and blessed for all the amazing people I have met through this adventure that I am on, and I will say it again! 2009 was the year my website launched, my pod series grew, I participated in more shows/fairs, I was fortunate for some lovely press, I attracted more wholesale orders, found out that Canadians and Australians really dig my work (thanks guys!) and I got to travel around Eastern Europe with my best friend.

Here are my goals for 2010....which I love/hate posting because it's out there for the world to see and also helps make me more accountable:
  • Find more help! - such a biggie....possibly an intern and looking into local senior centers for crochet help. I'm thinking there are some grandmas out there who can kick my ass at crocheting.
  • Find a 2 bedroom home or live/work loft - I did find studio space this past year, but discovered that I love working at home way to much. So goodbye studio and hello craigslist.
  • Better time management - I'm addicted to blogs. That's all I can say about that.
  • Continue my wholesale relationship with stores - I'm learning how to go about making re-orders with stores who have already made an initial order. This is tricky to me.
  • PILLOWS! - Oh for the love of god, my pillows! I plan to start small this year, maybe not pillows but little wall hangings, short runners etc. This ties into finding a bigger place.
And of course, always coming up with new designs! I still work a part time job so my time is more limited than I would like, but this is ok with me in times like these :)

A Happy Belated New Years to all of you reading! Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: