Monday, February 14, 2011

A Long Snow Weekend

For our 12th anniversary, the husband and I stayed 4 nights at our friends cabin in Volcano, Ca. You'll see I mentioned this place just a few posts ago. I was so happy to go back and bring Chris this time!

We tried cross country skiing and snowshoeing for the first time. Cross country skiing was a lot harder than I thought....I wasn't able to move as fast as I wanted and it was such a workout for how little I progressed forward. Snowshoeing was just awesome and I really want to do it again. I tried snowboarding again (after 10 years) to try to overcome my fear. Bad bad idea. I left with a badly bruised tailbone and a badly bruised ego to boot!
Snowshoeing

Snowshoeing

We also visited Sutter Creek, part of the California Gold Country off of Hwy 49 (we travelled around the gold country on our honeymoon) and then Indian Grinding Rock State Park. You can see all these grinding holes in the bedrock there made by the Miwok Indians. They would grind acorns there to make meal. It was really beautiful and I imagine it's exactly how it looked when the Native Americans were hanging out there.
Old Forge

Indian Grinding Rock
Cabin

3 comments:

Peppermint Pinwheels said...

You make me want to try cross country skiing again!

Patty said...

I didn't know you had been before! You could have given me pointers, like you won't get very far.

Lulu said...

What a beautiful trip!